Register to Participate
Please use link below to register for any of the scheduled 5-week time slots.
Please be sure to review all of the procedures and information below.
Cherryhill Mall DISPLAY GROUP PROCEDURES
The relevant Group participation questionnaire will be emailed one month prior to the group start date. Please review the complete email carefully – this questionnaire includes all deadlines and an outline of what is required. A response to this questionnaire is needed as soon as possible.
A reminder email will be sent to those who have not responded, one week prior to the payment deadline.
A courtesy call attempt will be made the day of the payment deadline and the participant will have 24 hours to pay.
If there is no payment within that 24 hour grace period, that artist is eliminated from the group and a lottery (see item 4-Lottery) participant will be chosen and advised of their win, and asked to pay the additional fee for the extra space.
(A notice will be sent to the person who didn’t pay saying they have forfeited their spot in that group due to non-payment.)
3-Submission of pieces for display (for label preparation)
A reminder of the submission due date will be emailed 2 days prior to the submission deadline.
A courtesy call attempt will be made the day of the deadline, and the artist will have 24 hours to submit (using the LCA website Cherryhill submission online form).
If there is no submission within the 24 hour grace period, the artist is eliminated from the group and a lottery (see item 4-Lottery) participant will be chosen and advised of their win, and asked to pay the additional fee for the extra space.
(A notice will be emailed to the person who didn’t submit advising they have forfeited their spot in the group due to non-submission. A decision about the prepaid space fee will be made by the committee on an individual basis.
4-Lottery for extra display space
As noted above, if for some reason one of the 10 people in the Group will not be participating, we will have extra space in the cabinets.
This extra space will be offered to those in the Group who have answered YES in their Questionnaire to “display additional pieces”. Once we have responses from everyone in the Group, and extra space is available, the names of those who want to participate in the lottery to use extra space will have their names put into a “hat” and a name will be drawn. The person whose name is drawn is notified and is asked to verify they will take the extra space. They then remit the additional $20 for the extra space (see 2-Payment) and submit the additional pieces (see 2-Submission) as soon as possible.
SUMMARY: The deadlines will be firm with one courtesy call and 24 hour grace period – first for payment, then for submission. If the artist does not pay or submit after the courtesy call within 24 hours, they are eliminated from that group and the lottery will be run for those in that group who had responded they were interested in any extra space.
You can check the schedule below to view when you are scheduled to display. If you need to request a change, please contact us at ch********@lo********************.ca
View 2023 Schedule Here (pdf) – March 14, 2023 revision
Note: Schedule is subject to change as we are working to get additional cabinets built!
Effective Saturday, March 18th…adjustments will be made to the display cabinets at Cherryhill Mall. Additional hanging racks will be placed inside each cabinet, giving you more options for hanging your artwork.
The diagram aove shows the spacing between the new hanging racks, so you can plan your layout. Dimensions on the right are from the inside of the cabinet, measuring from the top down.
The diagram shows a HALF CABINET
Suggestions: All art must have a secure wire to hang. If you place the wire too low, the painting may not hang flat. Also, try not to allow wire to show above the top of your painting.
The original hooks are shown below, but we are getting some additional hooks where the actual hook is at top of the bracket.
Overall Process and Requirements
As per our January 2021 general meeting, London Community Artists has entered into a relationship with Cherry Hill Mall allowing members of LCA to display their artwork in designated display cases. These cases will be located in the hallway leading to the Passport Office. The purpose of this letter is to inform our members about the process and requirements of this opportunity.
- Wooden cases with plexiglass fronts will be installed in the hallway leading to the Passport Office .
- Display cases will be 4’ tall and 8’ long and 5” deep.
- Display cases will open awning style and be locked while in use.
- A black wooden rail system will be installed inside each display case with special fittings to hang artwork.
- Artists in good standing will be selected at random to display their work for a 5 week duration.
- Each artist will have an area 42” X42” to display their artwork. There is no limit to the number of pieces as long as it is within the space assigned.
- Artwork will be no deeper than 3” in order to fit in the display case.
- Artwork must be wired and ready to hang. (Wire is preferred due to the hanging system.)
- Artwork will be changed out once every 5 weeks.
- Artists will be required to deliver their artwork to Cherry Hill Mall at a scheduled time.
- Artists will be required to pick up their artwork at Cherry Hill Mall at a scheduled time at the end of the 5 week period.
- Any artwork SOLD must remain in the display case until the end of the 5 week period.
- Artists will pay a flat fee of $20.00 to LCA to display their artwork no later than 2 weeks prior to installation date. No commission will be charged on SOLD artwork.