London Community Artists
We are a group of artists from London, Ontario or surrounding area who meet monthly. In addition, we hold one or more art shows . If you would like to know more about any of our artists, events planned, or would like to know more about joining LCA, please contact us!
The purpose of the London Community Artists:
- To share in the appreciation of original art;
- To provide opportunities to develop artistic techniques through encouragement, discussion, study, experimentation and practice;
- To provide opportunities to increase knowledge and skill through guests, excursions, forums, workshops and events;
- To act as a support group with a common interest in the art world;
- To increase public awareness of art in the London and Surrounding Areas through various media and public relation
To this end, we have several community initiatives in place. These are summarized below.
Cherryhill Mall Display
Western Research Park Display
Healing Through Nature Project at LHSC
London Community Artists have been invited to display works of art at the Sick Children’s Hospital PICCU (Pediatric Intensive Critical Care Unit) at the Commissioners and Wellington Road location. Their vision is to bring colourful outdoor scenery into spaces that are otherwise very clinical at a time when many families are full of anxiety and unable to leave their sick child’s bedside. They are not available to be viewed in person by the public but you may view them here.
Our annual art show is held every November. Please sign up for our newsletter if you would receive would like to hear about other opportunities to future shows (very low number of emails sent).